The Chair of Teaching English as a Foreign Language is planning an
exciting event for next March, the "TEFL Day 2018 – Drama in Foreign
The TEFL Day focuses on various aspects of teaching drama in the EFL
classroom. An impulse lecture will be given by Prof. Dr. Laurenz
Volkmann (University of Jena) on "Taking literature off the page: Drama,
drama techniques and the performative turn in the EFL classroom."
Additionally, you can choose from various workshops on teaching drama
and literature with topics such as:
- Shakespeare in the English language classroom
- Drama activities in inclusive learner groups
- Drama and gender in language teaching
- Play and act with voice and body
- Drama-pedagogical approaches with young learners
The TEFL Day will take place on 05 March 2018 as of 09:00am. All details
and the link for registration can be retrieved from this website:
Participants will receive a certificate that documents their attendance.
The conference is free of charge.