Your tasks and responsibilities:
Responsible for the management of the English language teaching section of the department, which includes:
- Managing the content and organisation of all courses in the section
- Managing all personnel in the section (currently 12 lectors, 5 academic ‘Räte’, and approx. 6 freelance teachers)
- Coordinating the design and development of new courses and course material, especially in the field of digital learning
- Ensuring quality standards are met in the delivery of English language teaching.
- Coordinating all examinations in the section
- Taking part in internal committee work (e.g. BA/MA commission etc.)
- Taking part in external committee work (e.g. coordinating meeting of Bavarian lectors etc.)
- Networking and cooperating with colleagues in Germany and abroad
- Teaching 9 hours per week (including the attendant examinations).
You are able to provide evidence of:
- A university degree (doctorate or second state exam for teachers) in a relevant field of study (an internationally recognized TEFL/TESOL qualification would be desirable)
- Proven competence in ELT methodology and the use of digital media as well as several years’ experience of teaching English as a foreign language
- Familiarity with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Experience with intercultural training
- Experience of management and working on committees
- Experience of personnel administration
- High levels of commitment and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong management, organisational and social skills
- Native-speaker levels of competence in both English and German
We offer an interesting and responsible position with a great deal of room for your own initiative and flexible hours, working with a highly committed team. Your work location is in the centre of Munich and is easily accessible with public transport. The contract is initially limited but can be made permanent if all requirements are met. Depending on your qualifications, the salary level can reach a maximum level of TV-L E14.
Also possible in a part-time capacity.
People with disabilities who are equally as qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
Please send your application, only via email, (as ONE pdf file, max. 5MB) to the following address by 18.12.2022: email@example.com. Please address it to Prof. Dr. Hans-Jörg Schmid.
Please address any questions about the position to Dr. Gill Woodman: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that, should you be invited to interview, any costs incurred cannot be reimbursed.